14 Jan 12 - Replacement kit built.
|No of launches / Time||1||0 hours 1 mins|
|Wingspan||25.6 "||0.65 m|
|Wing Area||165 □"||10.66 dmē|
|Flying Weight||15.9 oz.||450 g|
|Wing Loading||13.0 oz / □'||42.5 g/dmē|
|Wing Cube Loading||
13.8 - just above 'scale'
|Motor||Haoye HY-B2435 - 4800 RPM/V brushless|
|Ducted Fan Unit||Haoye 56mm 6-bladed|
|Batteries||3S LiPo 1500mAh 15C|
|Speed Controller||Haoye 25A - brushless - BEC|
|Servos||Ailerons - 2 x Graupner DS 281 digital|
|Elevator - Hitec HS-55|
|Static motor parameters||3S 1500mAh LiPo gives 39660 RPM @ 10.77V drawing 24.1A, input power 259W = 244W/lb.|
|Flight performance||Not yet flown|
14 Jan 12 - I have finally found time to build the replacement FlyCat. This version is slightly different in that it has the elevator servo mounted in the wing, which I connected to the horn using a small diameter snake. I have decided to paint the new FlyCat in the current colours of the de Havilland Sea Vixen rather than the Red Bull colours it used to be painted in; for the test flights it will remain unpainted.
25 Jan 08 - I now have a replacement kit so will replace the fuselage and repair the main wing.
10 Oct 07 - Just finished this model and test flew it today, well for about 30 seconds anyway. The range check was OK, but about 150m out I had no control of the model and it crashed into some Brussels Sprout plants in the next field. The wing is pretty good other than a chunk pulled out by the motor. The nose was snapped off just in front of the wing and another piece about 50mm long at the tip of the nose. It is repairable although I might need to mould a replacement piece for the tip of the nose.
[ EDF Aircraft Models ] [ Index ]